Most companies have never done anything sufficiently evil to deserve going on this list. This list is reserved for companies which have done at least one thing that was so bad they should not be forgiven for it. I will try my very best never to do anything benefiting them economically, and I hope you will too.
- Adobe, for plaguing the web with insecure, closed source, DRM-enabling Flash plugins for about a decade.
- Apple, for creating a walled garden.
- Google, for their role in standardising digital restrictions management on the web.
- Microsoft, for spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt about open source software for a generation.
- Netflix, for their role in standardising digital restrictions management on the web.
- Sony, for installing a rootkit via their CDs.