This is how broken:
- There are two “types” of requests, both of which link to the same page. This wastes customers’ time.
- Can’t find my hardware by browsing or searching for the model. I tried three different ones – the long name from the order, the short name from the shop, and the name that shows up in the “about” screen on the device itself.
- After continuing with the wrong model, I had to fill in my contact details even though I had already registered them.
- When I tried to submit the form I got a “Tried to send data without session.” error. Resubmitting didn’t work.
- Intermission: at this point I tried to use the built-in support request functionality on the device itself. After filling in the forms using arrow keys (and reminiscing about the NES days), I was simply told that all available support slots were taken. At this point I could no longer progress in the form. Fuck.
- Re-opening the form in another tab did work. The experience so far did not exactly inspire confidence, but I still hope someone will reply.