I got offered (and accepted) the job at the company which called me five minutes after getting home from the “post-rejection” meeting. Cambridge Technology Partners gave a much better deal. The moral of the story: If the risk is all on your side, just say no!
Today it hit me that I should properly ask forgiveness for my crimes committed against the IT community. I have, in no particular order:
- Asked for help before searching.
- Filed bugs with too little information.
- Been dead sure of the source of the bug and completely wrong.
At least I never used FUCKING COLORED CAPS.
- Participated in newsgroup flame wars.
- Used frames on my website. *Shiver*
- Vented frustration in bug reports.
- Sent emails without reviewing content and formatting.
Creating statistical graphics is a difficult craft, with profound consequences.